Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Plein Air Magazine March 2012


Look who landed a spot in the Plein Air Magazine!   Yep, that's me in this international magazine.   I was surprised as anyone when I heard the news.   When editor Steve Doherty said he was interested in some photos about extreme painting sights I sent in a couple photos from our trip to the Grand Canyon in November.   I thought they might end up in the weekly online newsletter but had given up when they never appeared.    Then last week I started getting emails from other plein air artists who had received their copy of the magazine stating that I was on page 91.   We went to Barnes and Noble to get a copy, but they were out, so I had to wait for mine to come in the mail.   It arrived on Monday.   And to top it off he even quoted me.  

 Here is the cover to March 2012.   A painting by Ken Auster.   My first class with Susan Sarback was at Ken Auster Studio's in Laguna Beach.   Small world. 

Here is Page 91.   If you are interested in plein air art, this magazine has it all.   Great articles, feature stories about great plein air artists and beautiful paintings from around the world.  



"Final Cut" is the name of my most recent Dog Show Scene 2012 painting.  As you recall I had asked for titles on my fan page on Facebook.   95 titles were submitted and everyone waited patiently until I made my decision.   Yvonne Ljungkvist of Sweden was the contest winner.  Congratulations Yvonne!   Funny how a title finishes the piece.   

 Prints from this piece are now available on Fine Art America.   Several sizes are available on paper, canvas or acrylic, you can even pick a frame.   http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/terry-chacon.html



Two more drawings for the Dog Show Scene 2012 Series below.

Photo reference taken by me at the Palm Springs dog show in Jan.   This is Abbe running with Apache in the Hound Group.   This piece is 18 x 18.   


The photo reference for this piece was submitted by Beth Anne Hall.   This is the New Jersey Specialty and these are some of the special bitches from that day.  This piece is 12 x 24.  

Well I am off to New York City to see the Westminster Dog Show and partake in all the festivities.  More on that when I return.

Until then, PLEASE ENJOY THE ART!   Terry d. Chacon

"The Beauty of Plein Air" by Terry d. Chacon
Available at:  http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2452673




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon